Where do I start?
Start by working through the following questions to see where you are in the planning stages of making your land available. Have plenty of lead time for this process (1-2 years) to work through the issues that will arise in planning for land sharing.
- What’s your motivation in sharing your land?
- Do you know if your land is suitable to be farmed? Check out our agricultural suitability checklist here.
- What do you want your land to be used for?
- What kind of relationship do you want?
- Has your land been farmed previously? If so, what worked? What didn’t?
- What length of tenure can you commit to?
- Do you want to be involved with the farm and how?
- What are the tax advantages to renting your land?
Have questions about land sharing?
Looking for interns or apprenticeships?
Ready to Get Started? Create an account here!